I feel like I've lived a lifetime-like I'm old and have seen and been through so much. Maybe that's why I like my job. I've always felt a connection to older people. Maybe I have an old soul. Even if I act like I'm a teenager most days:)
Anyways, life is a bit harder these days. But that's not what I want to focus on. Trust me, I have enough pity parties on my own that I don't need to bring more people into it. No, I wanna focus on something I heard today. It hasn't left my mind since I've heard it and I thought if it could help me, it could help someone else too.
I learned that in old Portuguese, "esperar" means to wait, to hope. That that one word actually has 2 meanings. My heart seemed fit to burst when I heard that. Cuz hoping and waiting are 2 things that I can't seem to grasp anymore. I found it funny that I would learn that but somehow, it instilled a little bit of hope within me that's been eluding me for so long. It brought some clarity and that is this: as I go through my difficult storm this time around, I know I'm not alone. That I have amazing friends and family who love me and support me. That I have 2 adorable childern who love me no matter what I do or say. That even with all these wonderful people, I have a Heavenly Father who watches over me, carries me and buoys me up. That He sent His Son to die for me so that I can continuously repent and keep trying everyday to be my better self. To never give up hope no matter how difficult the circumstance. To wait. Because good things ALWAYS come to those who wait. So that's what I'm doing. Looking up. Remembering I'm not alone. That with God, anything is possible.
Learning to wait. Learning to hope again.


1 comment:
Beautifully written Leah! And, you are so very right. I know you will be able to make it through this storm, and as usual, will become stronger for it. You are on the right path, leaning on Heavenly Father and trusting in HIS SON and His timing! I love you! And I am so very proud of YOU!
Post a Comment